Resources to support Teachers
Last updated 22 September, 2021.
Bright - Podcast from Michigan Virtual with "stories of hope and innovation". In this podcast, hosts interview teachers located across the state of Michigan who have been doing an outstanding job in dealing with the challenges of the pandemic. Stories of how they tried new approaches to reach their students virtually, failed and succeeded in various areas. The content is relevant for anyone involved in K-12 education.AITSL - Teacher Resource Hub
- collection of resources to support teachers, especially during challenging times.
Top 8 Wellbeing Resources (AITSL Teacher Resource Hub)
- Seven healthy brain breaks - a useful article from Smiling Mind about how mindfulness can help during lockdown.
- Teacher resilience and wellbeing - a short video from Professor Caroline Mansfield, Notre Dame University, about working together to build collective resilience.
- Three ways to nurture your wellbeing - a quick guide from Dan Haesler with further reading to dive deeper.
- Coping with coronavirus anxiety - a variety of information sheets from the Australian Psychological Society, including managing lockdown fatigue.
- Student Wellbeing Hub for Educators - resources and teaching strategies for primary and secondary, plus free courses.
- Psychology first aid for children - tip card from Emerging Minds on ensuring safety, keeping calm, connecting with others and more.
- Beyond Blue toolbox - welling plan for educators, wellbeing plan for students, as well as digital tools for the whole school community.
- Surviving a school lockdown - part of the teacher wellbeing resources from Reach Out.