ASLA Virtual National Conference 2021 in partnership with SLASA
Keys to Learning
Presented Online: 12-13 April, 2021
The theme Keys to Learning has been selected for the ASLA National Conference 2021. This will be an exciting virtual Conference held in partnership with SLASA.
- Dr Margaret Merga - ASLA Patron and Senior Lecturer at ECU
- Ursula Dubosarsky - Australian Children's Laureate
- Steve Francis - Leading Australian Educator on Effective Schools
- Ron Ritchhart - Senior Research Associate at Harvard Project Zero
- Elizabeth Hutchinson - Vice-Chair of the #GreatSchoolLibraries Campaign in the UK
- Loh Chin Ee - Consultant for reading and school library design
- Dr Kay Oddone - School libraries advocate
- Dr Rebecca Heyer - Forensic psychology
Developing capacity to engage with information by thinking critically and reflectively to build knowledge and understanding. This includes developing intellectual engagement and curiosity, inquiry learning and fostering sophisticated thinking and reasoning skills.
Fostering strong and effective communication and relationships with the school community, including advocacy for the school library. This could include online safety, fake news and the use of multimedia technologies, promotion of high-quality literature and reading engagement.
Building community, collegiality, collaboration and teamwork across the school and beyond. This includes effective leadership, supporting and collaborating with teachers around curriculum needs, team building, motivating and enabling others.
Creating engaging and inclusive learning environments that support students to learn through curiosity, wonder, investigation and exploration. This may include creative teaching and learning which highlights and promotes the crucial role of school libraries and literature.
1 Day Member rate – $150.00
2 Day Member rate – $300.00
1 Day Non-Member rate – $200.00
2 Day Non-Member rate – $400.00